Learning Goal: We want to find out if we can change people’s behavior through education.
Problem Statement or Testable Question: Is a student created public service campaign successful in teaching other about helping bobwhites?
Hypothesis: If we teach people how to save the bobwhites, they will change their behavior.
- Educational Materials (trifold, pamphlets, etc.)
- Survey (paper and pencil or online)
- Prepare your educational materials. We used a trifold and referred people to our website.
- Talk with people. Our trifold was set up at the PTO Earth Day festival and during class.
- Ask people to take the survey.
- Analyze the results from the survey.
We had 23 responses to our survey. After learning about how to save bobwhites, 57% of people said they would leave a border of high grass on their lawn. Although 70% of respondents did not own a cat, over 75% of those that did said they would consider keeping their cat indoors. A huge majority, 71%, said they would be interested in participating in a raise and release program.
Our education awareness campaign taught people what to do to save bobwhites. The majority said they would help.